Friday, November 19, 2010

I went on a ballon ride on Tuesday

Our flight was fantastic and we didn't get lost but it reminded me of this joke I rhymed a few years ago:


A lost hot-air balloonist searched the countryside in vain
He didn't recognise the hills, nor houses in the lane
Reducing height, he called a man and asked just where they were
Explaining "I have promised I will meet a friend soon, Sir"


The man below, called "Latitude: Forty degrees to North"
And "Longitude: in the West, degree mark, sixty fourth"
The man above, came lower still, his basket almost grounded
He scratched his head and then he said "Lost and now confounded!"


He added then, "I guess you are, an engineer by trade?
(This from the accuracy with which, your kind reply was made)"
"But I have no idea at all, about what those facts mean
I promised to be far from here! These parts I've never seen!"


The man below was not surprised "Yes, I'm an engineer.
And you're a politician, yes? Your words have made that clear."
"How did you know?" the basket-case, demanded, rising high
The engineer just laughed aloud, then yelled into the sky:


"You don't know where you are, it seems. You don't know where to go
You made a promise you can't keep: You're all hot-air, we know!"
The politician's skin hue rose, as did his altitude
He hummed and hawed long windedly and mouthed a platitude...




GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE